A Christian Science Society was first formed in Redding on May 10, 1911. The Society purchased the present church lots in 1939. In 1941 the building plans were drawn for the new church edifice. The contract price to construct the new edifice was $11,500, not including furnishings. The church was completed and occupied in February, 1942.
First Church of Christ, Scientist, Redding, California